Translate

Sunday 4 October 2015

Dija "Why I always add my Lebanese, Hausa, to my music:


DijaThe singer who is of mixed parentage, in an exclusive chat with Showtime said, ‘I usually wear my traditional garments to perform, and I constantly put my language in everything  I do.

Mavin Records singer, Dija, has said that she will do everything within her power to always infuse her Hausa, Lebanese and Sierra-Leone culture into her music.

Don’t forget that Yaro, the title of one of my songs, is an Hausa word as well. I’m not only Hausa, I’m also partly Lebanese and Sierra-Leonean as well, so I try my best to bring my cultures from my father and mother’s sides to bear on my craft as much as I can. For me, the more I can talk to, and relate to my fans, the happier I am.’

No comments:

Post a Comment